Job Purpose & Context
Using their technical expertise and detailed knowledge of P2i’s nano-coating technology, the Technical Sales Support team provides technical support to the P2i Sales team and its high-profile customers around the world. The team is made up of people based at Milton Park, UK and Shenzhen, China.
- Processing samples and developing test procedures to demonstrate the benefits of P2i’s technology.
- Supporting the sales team in technical meetings and discussions either in person or via conference call. Note that due to P2i’s split locations, flexibility with regards to short notice travel and extended hours for conference calls will be an essential requirement of this role.
- Preparation of technical reports, briefing notes, and presentations for internal and external use.
- Answering customer questions and enquiries.
- Specialist projects as agreed with the Line Manager to support the business requirements of the organisation.
- Manage the storage of technical information and reports for easy access and fast retrieval.
Key Relationships and Interfaces
- Sales Team, customers
- Operations team
- R&D team
Bachelor’s or higher degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or an equivalent discipline
Essential Skills & Experience
- Fluent Mandarin and good English is essential along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience in a technical development or laboratory environment.
- Experience of assimilating and disseminating highly technical information to deadlines and responding to urgent requests for technical information.
- Comfortable working in an international team.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of P2i’s Nano-coating technologies or other CVD, plasma, or vacuum deposition technologies.
- Understanding of the processes used in electronic device manufacture.
- Experience of authoring, training, or marketing in a technical environment.
Key Performance Indicators
- Completion of work to the required standard and to deadline
- Accurate, concise and relevant data collection
- Accurate, concise and focused customer reports and presentations
- Timely and concise communication with sales representatives and customers
- Compliance with P2i processes and procedures
As part of a small team the Applications Technician will be a PC literate, flexible, responsive, motivated, creative, hardworking individual with good analytical skills, attention to detail and a focus on quality. This position will involve the development and optimisation of new processes and test methods as well as routine processing and testing.
At peak times the position may involve some shift work, e.g. early mornings or late evenings. Candidates must be prepared to undertake significant overseas travel, often at short notice and potentially for extended durations.