5G, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Future Mobility are major themes at this year’s GITEX. Taking place at the Dubai World Trade Centre in the United Arab Emirates, GITEX is the annual consumer computer and electronics trade show, exhibition and conference, running from the 6th to the 10th October. This year for the first time, GITEX Tech Week and GITEX Future Stars will feature an exciting combined conference programme, bringing the best of both worlds of tech titans and start-ups, into one inspirational agenda.
Whilst it brings the future to life, frankly, it’s no longer tomorrow’s world: according to a survey conducted by the GITEX show organisers, a staggering USD 179 million worth of business was secured there in 2018. It’s fantastic tech that’s happening right now, on display from 4,800 exhibitors, including P2i, the Global Leader in liquid repellent technology, on Stand Z3-B41, with a show total of over 2600 solutions and products from 97 countries!
Here we focus on some of GITEX 2019’s most exciting highlights:
- Smart Cities –The world’s most progressive smart cities are being showcased. Smart cities are starting to deliver massive benefits to urban populations, including a higher quality of life, improvements in public services and reducing the negative environmental impacts of industrialisation. 5G, Big Data, IoT, AI, cloud and higher computing capabilities are all playing a huge part.GITEX exhibitors includeenergy monitoring solutions to control costs and conserve resources, drone-activated smart parking services, smart school bus services to monitor numbers of passengers, location and road condition monitoring, street lighting control and even remote windmill monitoring. It goes on! P2i’s GITEX stand shows how a full range of coating solutions can provide water and high humidity protection for the latest generation of Smart City devices, such as smart city sensors.
- Future Mobility – Every major automobile manufacturer is investing in autonomous vehicles and e-mobility, while cities around the world are preparing for a complete overhaul of how transport will be provided and used in future.Future disruptive technologies and paradigms on show at GITEX include E-mobility, Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility as a Service (MaaS), all with the aim of reducing congestion by optimising efficiency and capacity. Whatever the vehicle, smart sensors are a critical enabling technology and all are vulnerable to damage from adverse weather conditions, such as rain, snow, damp and high humidity. P2i’s nanotechnology brings just the protection needed for mobility devices to have long and maintenance-free lives.
- Portable smart devices – Continued growth in the market for consumer portable internet devices is also reflected at GITEX, with many exhibitors across the tablet, e-reader, games console and drone sectors. The market is estimated to have a compound annual growth of well over 11% between now and 2024 (Source: Mordor Intelligence), outpacing many other tech sectors. Do join us on P2i’s stand to see some exciting demos on how coating solutions protect such battery enabled devices.
The future’s smart devices are protected by P2i
P2i Barrier protects smart devices like those on show at GITEX from liquid damage. Whether it’s surface water, rain or high humidity, P2i gives everything from drones to sensor devices the flexibility to operate across a wide range of challenging weather conditions with longer lifespans. The benefits P2i can deliver for smart sensors and devices and OEMs supplying them are multiple:
- Easy implementation – We provide manufacturers with the technology required to apply weatherproof coatings to protect critical electronics from water damage.
- Flexible Business Model – P2i consults with OEMs to deploy the best solution to meet their objectives, product performance and ROI.
- World-wide Service & Support – We work alongside our customers to provide the best service and support in the industry, every single step of the way.
- No heat retention – P2i’s nanocoating creates none of the heat retention problems of mechanical waterproofing solutions.
- Scalable production – P2i’s patented processes are highly scalable, flexible to the changing requirements of OEM production levels.
Come and see P2i at GITEX on Stand: Z3-B41, supported by the DTI and Tradefair.
Don’t miss out! #ProtectedyP2i
Visit the P2i site at: https://www.p2i.com and the Tradefair site at: https://www.tradefair.co.uk/
16th September 2019